Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Worth a try


January 5, 2011

Today is the first day I am trying this blog thing out .... maybe I can stick to one thing in my life. I am excited today because the carpet guys are here installing my new carpet - YAY ! but not looking forward to putting everything back where it belongs ...... Sue and Jess (my in-laws) are a huge help, and I am so thankful that they have decided to move up here with Dayton and I permanently. I love it here in Virginia - but I do miss my family down in Florida - however, Virginia will remain my home forever so that I can be close to my Hunney Bunney always - for those of you that do not know, my Hunney Bunney is my husband. He passed away quite unexpectedly on 08/09/2010 and my life as well as the lives of our children and his parents (and extended family) has been turned upside down. I miss this wonderful man with all the feelings that I can muster up. He is the light of my life - the love of my soul, and will always be my "Forever Love". I will go into more of my life as I learn more about blogging. I pray that this will be therapeutic for me and helpful to others.
Yesterday was my 9 year wedding anniversary with Rich. It was an exceptionally hard day to say the least, but today is a new day and I know that God is with me walking right beside me through these tough times, as well as walking with on the good days. Today I was thinking about some of the very first Christian music I used to listen to (Ray Boltz) and the song "The Anchor Holds" came to mind, so I watched it on youtube and posted it on my facebook page. The words in that song are ever true - because my Lord and Savior is my anchor - and inspite of the storms that happen in my life - He always Holds true to His word and onto me. I know He will NEVER let me go even though there are times when I feel completely down and discouraged.
God's word is true ...
Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God Bless,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment