Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's been a while ..

03/09/2011

Today has been 7 months since my sweet husband passed away. I still dream of him all the time - some dreams odd, some dreams scary, some dreams sweet .... some dreams sad. I still miss him as much today if not more than the day he left us ....

Since then, alot has happened. Sue and Jess moved in with Dayton and I, Garrett and Dean have almost completed their MOS schools, and will soon be headed to the fleet to their first duty stations. Dayton has decided that he wants to graduate a year early, so that he can prepare himself to go to the Naval Academy. I can hardly believe that my youngest child is going to be 16 years old this month. Our daughter and son in law and my granddog Bowdrie, will be moving back this way from 29 palms to Quantico sometime in early May. I am so excited about that !

I am still job hunting - a year after being laid off, but I realize now that the lay off was a blessing in disguise - even though I didn't know it at the time.

2010 was a very rough year, but 7 months after my husband's passing . I can see that God had 2010 all laid out and planned for me and my family. I am so very thankful God gave me that time to spend with my family, and I pray I used that time wisely - because I know sometimes I did not - and I will always regret not living each moment honoring the gift of "my family" that God had given me. I will always regret taking God's precious gift's for granted, and for the times I have been so very selfish, so i am going to make a list right now:

SOME THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR:

First and foremost, my Salvation :-)

(not in any specific order)

* Each day God wakes me up to see a new day.
* My family - every moment of every day and everyone of them !
* My friends - all of them.
* My animals who have brought me so much comfort and love.
* Being able to afford to stay here in VA
* My TAPS family - who have been so encouraging
* For my prayer warriors and everyone who has continued praying for my family.
* God's plan for my life
* Food on the table, shelter over our heads, transportation ...
* God's word, which holds true everyday.

I will list more soon ....

I LOVE YOU LORD,
AND I LIFT MY VOICE,
TO WORSHIP YOU,
OH MY SOUL .... REJOICE
TAKE JOY MY KING,
IN WHAT YOU HEAR,
LET IT BE A SWEET, SWEET SOUND,
IN YOUR EAR <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. Shannon your an inspiration to me every day. I love you lady bug and I hope some day I get to see that beautiful smile .I miss you every day.My only regret that is I was not there with you in your darkest days. My heart still aches for you.. Just so you know you are always welcomed here just to get away . love ya lady bug.. AKA your water aerobics partner

    ReplyDelete